• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running 2 instances.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShaunBrewer

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere did a quick search and could not find an answer.

I currently have the GUI client installed on a few PC's.

I tried taking a copy of the F&H directory (cleared all the stuff for the current wu) changed the machine id and tried to run. -complained already running.

Do I need to use the -local option and does this work with the gui?

What I am trying to achieve - incase there is a better/easier way:

I have dial-up and the phone connection is not convienient for the PC.

If I run 1 instance at the slightly higher priority and a 2nd at the default when the first runs out of work the second will kick in - that way I will always be folding.

Thanks in advance

Shaun

Run one GUI and one console. I've only ran 2 instances a few times but that's how it worked for me.

Thanks guys,

GUI + Console seem to be running fine together.

Got a little confused when I tried using wordpad to edit the GUI config rather that re-enter proxy info. The console seems to use different line feed characters - but sorted now.

Thanks again

Shaun

P.S. OCn00b - like the Avatar

Strange how nobody in the states has said anything about it, only UK people. Ah well, I guess maybe it's more popular on your side of the pond. :)

I've never used the GUI client. I downloaded the console and ran one instance for a while before people started talking about running 2 instances on a HT system. I didn't think it would've made a difference but you do gain a bit in points, if you're into that. Also, the GUI is fractionally slower than the console.

I now run 2 console instances and use EMIII to monitor them. I can also monitor another console running on another computer on my network.

-Bobby
on the right side of the pond :p

Back