• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Case ---- Your opinion is Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeedFreak75

Registered
Looks a nice enough case, a bit too flashy for my liking. I think you get what you pay for though - its worth spending as much as you can on a case, esp if you will be fiddling inside a lot.

I have a cooler master 201 which is the best case ive ever owned. Build quality is amazing, and i prefer the clean look in general. Lian Li make good cases too

True Lian Li I agree are the best cases on the market, and again they are fairly expensive, cooler masters are great too.
LOOL I like flashy

I have a Xaser III and i like it alot. its very sturdy and has lots of features.... that looks nearly the same. I like the flashhhhyness too :D

Sweet case. Can't say enough good things about the Xaser III that I have, built like a tank. I doubt that you'd be unhappy with it. I've never seen a bad Xaser case.

pkrew said:
Sweet case. Can't say enough good things about the Xaser III that I have, built like a tank. I doubt that you'd be unhappy with it. I've never seen a bad Xaser case.

i got the blue one with no window and the only thing i dont like about it is that its 3 shades of blue.now its one shade of red.
IMO its a real good deal on the xazer case because of the 7 case fans and the hardcano 9.

i read somewhere that the fangrills and stuff in the xaser 3 restricts more than normal airflow

Case looks bangin' to me man. Inside looks pretty friendly to me too. I wouldnt worry about airflow restriction: A) it's a pretty roomy case and B) Nothing a dremel can't fix!

Looks a little flashy but if that's your style, go for it!

_Siph

sixshot666 said:

i got the blue one with no window and the only thing i dont like about it is that its 3 shades of blue.now its one shade of red.
IMO its a real good deal on the xazer case because of the 7 case fans and the hardcano 9.

Did a little paint job I take it. Yeah, they are a little limited on the color options. I wanted one in aluminum, but really wasn't interested in a silver case.

Alucard said:
i read somewhere that the fangrills and stuff in the xaser 3 restricts more than normal airflow

That maybe true, but it still seems to do pretty well. My temps with the case open is only 1C lower that with it closed. I did replace the intakes with smart fan IIs though.

Yea, all the grills and stuff restrict airflow ALOT. If you're looking for a case for LAN's, I check out the Antec Sonata, or the Lian-Li Pc-6X series; especially the PC-60 or PC-65.

Pretty much all cases have restrictive fan grills. Something about lawsuits from 9 fingered customers or something. Dunno what thats all about...

Looks like a decently built case. About the fugliest looking thing I have ever seen though. I prefer the more refined looks of the Lian-Li and Coolermaster cases myself. Personally if I was going to drop a bundle on a case those are the 2 companies I would be looking at. I think with either company what you are paying for is incomparable build quality.

pkrew said:

I have a question for a bro, I got my case today and you know that it has the Hardcano LCD temp monitor. but I am not sure what it is reading. I put the probe under the CPU like it said.
1. What is the top number
2. What is the bottom number

I know its CPU temp and case temp
Right now it says
60.3c
31.4c
But which is which it doesnt say.

Question 2. How may Y splitters did you have to use. This case comes with 4 fans then the "cute" little light in the front.
I have 2 HD
1 CD-Rom and Burner
And then you have to hook the LCD Fan controller up to every fan as well . To be quiet honest I can tell when I turn the knobs on the fan controller any adjustments in the fans.

Are those temps OK this is not Oc YET!!!

No problem

The temp on top is the alarm temp if it goes over that the alarm sounds. The temp on the bottom is the cpu temp. The temps are fine. I image that's idle temps and not under load.

I have no Idea how many I used. Lots of wire lol. If I remember right there's a pigtail that come off the hardcano to attach the fans. What kind of power supply do you have. I was able to hook up 4 HD, DVD player, DVD burner, CD writer and the video card plus 2 fans on the video card. It doesn't even flicker and the voltages are stable.

Let me know if you have anymore questions and congrats on your new case.

I must admit that Xasers are incredibly nice cases, even with the flashiness (it grows on you). I've never heard anything bad beyond complaints regarding how they look....

pkrew said:
No problem

The temp on top is the alarm temp if it goes over that the alarm sounds. The temp on the bottom is the cpu temp. The temps are fine. I image that's idle temps and not under load.

I have no Idea how many I used. Lots of wire lol. If I remember right there's a pigtail that come off the hardcano to attach the fans. What kind of power supply do you have.
Let me know if you have anymore questions and congrats on your new case.

YEA alot of wires....BUT you did use Y splitter?? I have a plain ole 400w PSU.
I am still playing with all the wires SO I will let ya know...TAKING some pics tonight and posting on my site, However I am having a small problem with the wire that you plug into the Hardcano that runs to the HSF theres usually not be a problem but where the manual tells me to plug it in... there is already something there. SO I havent done that yet.
BTW where did they move this TOPIC too

Back