• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auto Shutdown?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Is there an app i can download that will make my computer shut down at a certain temperature?

MBM5 will do it. You need to download the SHDN. I installed that and followed the help section on setting it up. Works great. I think you just need to install SHut Down Now, and then go to the temp settings, in the alarm settings check the box that says "when alarm goes off start SHDN". Then select the option you want from the "Start SHDN now with switch" section. I used "/SHUTDOWN" in this box.

Here is the link they give you to SHDN.

http://www.dworld.de/

From the help files in MBM5.

"When alarm goes off start SHDN: If an alarm goes off you can make MBM 5 start SHDN now, if it is installed !This option only works if you select to show the alarm dialog box in the Alarm section"

Last edited:
ok so i download it, install it and then just check the box in mbm5?

Pretty much. Just select the /SHUTDOWN option below that. I did some testing to make sure afterwards too. I set the warning for the CPU sensor to a few degrees above idle, then did a basic cpu test ( to increase the temp ). It shut the pc down after the warning time I set in SHDN.

One of my tests was with SiSandra but SHDN couldnt close Sandra so I had to do a few other tests to make sure.

Edit: Thanks for getting me to mess with MBM5 again. Now that it works right, I love it. :D

Edit2: you can set SHDN to whatever sensors you want it on too.

I just found a cool thing in MBM5. It has a program called MBM5HU.exe. Its to keep your cpu from going below a set temp. That would be nice for those in extreme cooling. Just a note I wanted to make. HEHE

Edit: Now if someone would just explain how to correct the voltages, I would be in heaven. Looks too complicated to me.

OK. I had to fix that voltage thing. I couldnt figure out how to make MBM5 work on a custom setting for the voltages. I did figure out that those are all wrong ( kind of ). So, I changed it. This should work for anyone with my board.

Go to into the progam files, go into MBM5, Data and edit the "Voltage.ini" file. In the part for the "V3=ITE8712F Standard 4", replace it with mine. I have changed the "core1" to "Memory Voltage" and the "-12.00V" to "AGP Voltage" You will then have to change some things in MBM5.

In MBM select the "GA-8IPE1000-PRO" sensor ( you could rename it in the "voltage.ini" file if you wanted ) and change MBM5 settings to correct for these changes. Like renaming the -12V sensor to AGP Voltage and the Core1 to Memory Voltage.

This is not the prettiest way of doing it but I cant figure out another way (yet). It might work on the 8KNXP. If not, here are the original settings too.

Here are the new settings.
edit: If you go back to the original settings, leave off the "(original)" part.
Edit2: if anyone knows were to find the correct sensor please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back