• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon T-bird 1.4GHz (266) @ 1.84GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

Update!

Since most of this was confusing and jibberish, I'll cut down to the strait REAL BS. After weeks of people harasing, no names but you get the picture, here is a screen shot I wipped up in 10min late last night. The new WCPUID 3.0c finally reconizes my CPU correctly.

I will run some quake3 benches later on with screenshots @ 2048x1536x32.

Whoa! Nice system you got there, AtomicGuY!

Did I understand correctly, you're using Dragon ORB?

Yes, the dragonorb is the screamer that keeps my cpu from frying lol. I highly highly highly recommend the dragonorb to anyone. THE only drawback is $. Its like $60US or $90CAN. :( ohwell, its worth it and I dont need to take the risk of water cooling.

this is the picture of the dragonorb if your not keepin up with the latest coolers.

I've seen a few reviews of that DORB, but they weren't good reviews, just some small tests. It actually seems to perform somewhat acceptably... *must bash orbs* Your load temps are HIGH! LOL

$60! Expensive, a Millennium Glaciator kicks its butt at $45, I bet.

Oh well, a good ORB, that's something I wasn't even expecting.

asmodean (Jun 20, 2001 02:47 a.m.):
I've seen a few reviews of that DORB, but they weren't good reviews, just some small tests. It actually seems to perform somewhat acceptably... *must bash orbs* Your load temps are HIGH! LOL

$60! Expensive, a Millennium Glaciator kicks its butt at $45, I bet.

Oh well, a good ORB, that's something I wasn't even expecting.

You can actually find a review of the DORB right here at oc.com. http://www.overclockers.com/articles427/ it did pretty well. Although I could never bring myself to buy one, but if you are an orby this seems like a good choice.

Btw nice oc!

Hadn't noticed that. Thanks!
Seems to perform like a highend orb, not like a highend HSF. For orb-fans, definitely.

AtomicGuY (Jun 20, 2001 01:47 a.m.):
My system specs:
-Abit KG7-RAID
-AMD Athlon T-bird 1.4GHz @ 1.84GHz (320MHz Bus!)
-2GB PC2400 DDR-Ram @ CL2

Ok either you have some amazing connections or you are bsing us, cause first off the KG7 isn't available yet and you are using 512mb pc2400 ram which I also am pretty sure is not available yet, or at least no one on pricewatch has heard of it..

i think this dude is smoking something bit toxic!!!!!!LOL...
i think his B$%#S$%#@&G!!!!.
and he gave him self away .
if u look at his system spec that he has a prophet3 card but if u look at his desktop image ,u`ll c a voodoo tweeker.......LOL...
what`s the deal??????
and even on ABIT sight they say the KG7 will start shipping at the end of this month.

GOD....

GOD (Jun 20, 2001 06:28 a.m.):
i think this dude is smoking something bit toxic!!!!!!LOL...
i think his B$%#S$%#@&G!!!!.
and he gave him self away .
if u look at his system spec that he has a prophet3 card but if u look at his desktop image ,u`ll c a voodoo tweeker.......LOL...
what`s the deal??????
and even on ABIT sight they say the KG7 will start shipping at the end of this month.

GOD....

AH YEAH !!......."GOD"... My request for a 3DMark link was a more "SUBTLE" way of getting to what your saying....He He !!!

Ya, I use the Quantum3D Obsidian X24 3dfx sli voodoo2 for my older glide apps since GeForce3 doesnt like them. Didnt hurt to have em either.

When removing the panel on the case which has 9 80mm fans attached to it LOL, the temp rose to a max of 33c idle /66 load. Horrible, it cooks in its own heat without those case fans which I say, dont run your CPU above 1700MHz unless you have at least 2 or more fans blowing directly from the case panel to the CPU on an input draft.

Also as the KG7-R, Im using the final beta rev3 of the board which I recieved over a month ago. A friend of mine works at EA and his company got to test a few Abit KG7 boards. Sorry to pop da bubble bro.

Also, I will like to say that I have a 1GHz T-bird AXIA running 1666MHz!!! Anyone who has an AXIA t-bird will be in for a 1.4GHz or higher treat. I got mine to run 1666MHz running 1.95V/3.6V.

well I would like to see some pictures of a case with 18fans! Nice overclock! I only thought that could be done with a vaporchill! hell for the money he spent I think that is what he should have done in teh first place!

And if you have all high end stuff why would you get a DORB was that a freebie too!

Nice!

Nice job! 1.84 is a good oc..

Just FYI I saw a japanese site, with a 1.4ghz p4 at over 2ghz, I just don't know the name. It's pretty well known throughout the oc scene..

Back