• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pelt system at a cheap expense

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

After reading tYlor's thread and how you can get 130v pelt on ebay for 20 bucks i think it is..makes me think how cheap can you go for a plet system?

im thinking this before i get my water cooling, but if i could somehow make a pelt system under the cost of my water..curretnly 250 then that would be better..

i suppose i know my asnwer as no already...but just a questionable question

1) Pelts=cheap.
2) Power supplies properly rater to power said pelts=not cheap.
3) Household electricity bill for running a pelt pswersupply instead of a water pump=not cheap.

sandman001 said:
you can't run a pelt for you cpu with an antec 350.

Have you tested this statement?

Do you know what cpu he is refering to?

Do you know what tec he is talking about?

:rolleyes:

Peltier_large.jpg

this is a 169w tec, with at max of 15v which would need, 18A, at 12v it would need 14.4A

link to antec 350w, which provides 21A at 12V

do the math:eek:

finally,

you can got ahead and go to hardocp.com, and look up an article they did and they were cooling a p4 and a amd 2200 at 1.85 volts, which is hotter than the B cores, with just a 126W tec and they were getting great results

trip0d said:
thanks nunz1980

cause i know theres plets below the 200 hundred mark

what is 200 hundred mark, sorry for asking,

is this price?

cause you can get a tec for around $35;)

don't forget to add the other odds and ends like insulation, dielectric grease and conformal coating.

Back