• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wanting to do a pelt setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you could use an aircooled peltier, but you need to tell us what kind of processor you're planning on cooling with that.

if you are planning on using an air cooled peltier on your P3, then it's quite possible and practical to do. but if you are going to try and cool a hotter processor, then I'd have to say go with watercooled peltiers if you really want peltier cooling.

also, you'll need a cold plate. you sandwich the peltier between the cold plate and HSF, and the coldplate is what touches the CPU. good mounting pressure will be good for your temperatures.

besides that, you'll need to get yourself some good insulation, depending on your temperatures. otherwise you'll have problems with condensation.

have a look around the peltier section of overclockers.com.

GOOD advice SHIYAN, I would however go with the water cooled Pelt setup....

And btw Pvc_and_Frost God hasn't forsaken us just put us in Left Field...

WE should get together on some sweet setups

hi there,

yeah we need to know the processor being targered here, and if you want to do tec with air them this would be for you,

swiftech review

well good luck;)

the proc would be a 2500 barton that i dont have
:(

yet......;)

where in memphis you from?

EDIT: ok i just read a bunch of pelt articles and well, it sounds tooo complicated for my newb essence. only watercooling for now for me.

Last edited:
LOL actually West of Memphis .........West Memphis, going to the PC show this weekend to see if there is any cool Cpu blocks for a new WC setup I am thinking of...

haha yep i just got a bunch of casta for my desky and other things

SpeedFreak75: which comp show? i was considering going to a show this weekend, to find a case to mutilate with my new dremel i got in the mail today =)

Back