• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with buying 21" CRT Monitor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huneycutt

Mitsubishi DIAMOND PRO 21TX 21" Monitor.

Saw one used in local ISP classifieds for $125. so I called the guy and says nothing wrong with it picture wise, said only problem is sometimes the on screen touch pads don't work but if he restarts the computer it works OK. Says the picture is perfect, just the touch pad problem. Anyone know what that touch pad problem is about?

Before I buy anything I try not to buy a Pig in a Poke so ran a search on several search engines and came up with no info as to performance, prices, reviews, etc. I did find a 22" NEC/Mitsubishi at newegg for like $665.00

Wodered if any of you have this monitor or could help me search out some good info on it. Don't have time to pursue the research right now as have to get ready for work. Sure would appreciate your help and thanks a bunch. OldBird

Last edited:
You want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is, this was once Mitsubishi's top-of-the-line monitor. It got rave reviews despite its nearly $1,600 pricetag.

The bad news? That was back in 1996.

And that is really the bottom line on this deal. A hundred and twenty-five bucks for a 21" monitor that was considered good at any time is kind of a "how wrong can you go?" deal. If you look at it and the picture quality is good, I'd probably pick it up.

But this is a six or seven-year old monitor. I'd still keep a close eye on the classifeds because you'll probably need another monitor sooner than later.

BHD

some 21" monitors are very nice from back then i'm on a hitachi/cornerstone 21" crt from like 1997.

.22 dot pitch and it will do 1800x1440 @71hz.
i got mine for $175

like stated above check the picture quality on it and if its good i'd get it

Excellent food for thought and I sure do appreciate it.

While back I picked up a KDS Visual Sensations 21" top of the line for $200. and boy is it nice, works perfect. Got lots of jacks on the back I don't even know what they're for.

Thought I'd get the Mitsubishi and save it for a spare because we all know monitors aren't forever and after using a 21" it would be awful hard to go to revert to a 19". I'm not a videophile by any means and as long as it has a decent picture I'm good with it.

What the heck, if it's six years old I'll go take a look see and if it looks good I'll offer him a hundred bucks and see if we can dance.

Thanx again for the great input and ya'll have a good 'un.

PS Just spoke with the guy and he said only problem is sometimes the on screen touch pads don't work but if he restarts the computer it works OK. Anyone know what that's about?

there are monitors around which have a touch sensitive film on them, so that you can control things just by touching the screen.

you see screens like that a lot for automatic selling of tickets etc.

not sure if windows supports this, but it might.

most computer users don't need this feature, but it's neat.

unless he meant something completely different.

AH HA!

H m m m . . . . Guess I could relate the touch pad thing to the monitors they use in restaurants where the Waitress touches the screen to place her order. Sounds good to me.

Seems six - seven years ago Gateway offered the same monitor with the Gateway name on it and he bought one and said it is still going strong, said the front panel has nine buttons to adjust the display.

Man oh man, what a tremendous resource this internet is!
Couple days ago I was a dummy regarding the Mitisushibi 21" monitor and now I am pretty well hip to it. Amazing how prices on electronics have come down and seven years ago it cost $1,600. and today you can buy new for almost one third of the original price. Think I'll go have a lookey see and if it looks good maybe offer him a hundred bucks and see if we can dance.

Guess it all boils down to when we buy used electronics we "roll the dice" and hope for the best. Ya'll have been a tremendous help and I sincerely apreciate your taking the time to help this OldBird.

Back