• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One More Fan, Should I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rave Crusader

Registered
I have two intake fans and two exhaust fans in my case.

I installed a fan on the side pointing directly over the Video Card. Doing this I lowered the Temp 3 degrees on my CPU. I was going to add a exhaust fan at the top in front of the PS, but I am afraid I will disrupt the good thing I have going if I do that.

What do you guys think, should I install the fan so I have 3 fans blowing in the case and three fans blowing out, or should I leave it the way it is with three fans blowing in and two blosing out.

I have an Athlon 2600 running at 32 degrees C at idle and prior to the fan install it was 35 c

a blowhole is efficient to gte rid of hot air, though you should calculate how much air you pump in and how much u pump out, since you want to get more air in than your getting out...

btw: remember that the PSU is ALSO an exhaust...

If you're runing at 32c idle, I don't think cooling is much of a problem for you. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't get to worried about it until my temps get over 40 idle....

I wouldnt worry til my temps hit 60c Idle, but an exhaust fan at the top might improve your sooling by maybe 1-2c max. Plus they look cool so why not?

Back