• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9800 SE ALL-IN-WONDER @ 9800 Pro ALL-IN-WONDER!! YEAH!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

I just got my new Hercules Radeon 9800 SE All-In-Wonder yesterday and I'm very happy with that card. First I had a Sapphire Radeon 9800 SE AIW, that unfortunately did not work softmodded as a Radeon 9800 Pro AIW.

I sold the Sapphire on eBay and got me the Hercules and finally, I was lucky enough to get a card that softmodded to Radeon 9800 Pro AIW without a single problem! The card is damn fast and was about half the price of the real Radeon 9800 Pro AIW. I paid 220,-EUR (~255 USD; the real 9800 Pro cards cost more than 400,-EUR here in Germany).

My current 3D Mark 2001 Score is over 17000 3D Marks and my 3D Mark 2003 Score is about 5500 3D Marks. That's awesome, taing into consideration that the system is not fully overclocked yet.

BUT, the very best thing is that I can use my computer with this freakin fast 3D card as a TV-set. That's very important for me, as I just had to move to Munich for my coming studies (I'm going to study IT at the Technical University in Munich). That means I didn't even have to buy a new TV-set for my new home. All I can say is: AWESOME!!! I'm very happy with that card now.
And all of you, who want to take the risk could go out and see if you can find one of these cards and hopefully mod them successfully. BUT, the success-rate again is about 50:50 or a bit lower, i.e. about the same as with the Radeon 9500 Non-Pro 128MB cards!

Good luck and have fun!

Regards

Ingmar :)

Last edited:
Well, got the same card (hercules box and cd but actually a BBA card).
Didn't take the mod.

Back