• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 adapter on a White Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sbud

Ok, I just got a D-Tek WW with a P4 adapter kit. These instructions for the adapter kit are very vague to say the least and to my surprise, don't even come with any images for reference (pretty frustrating). The instructions say not to use some of the provided washers (then why did they come with em?) and it says to use the other ones (what other ones, doesnt specify) I don't wanna guess or assume what goes where. I've tried to search for WW's on P4's in a few galleries but didn't find any. If there's a somebody out there with a WW on a P4, can you please post an image of it.... Thanks

anvil82 said:
Use the search function, this has been posted many times..

that doesn't help.....And, I agree with neomoses. That is pretty much how you install the white water with the adapter.

That adapter caused me major problems on a Abit C17. Here's the story. After installing the DTek Water Kit with WW. The computer would not bootup. After thinking I broke something and countless hardware swapping, I stumble on the problem as a hunch. The metal adapter was touching on the board. Thus, causing it to short out. After covering the adapter with electric tape, it booted up just fine.

myzhi said:
The metal adapter was touching on the board. Thus, causing it to short out. After covering the adapter with electric tape, it booted up just fine.

Thanks all, but ya Myzhi, I was afraid of the same thing, that's why I started asking around. Turns out, the instructions that came along with my block were incorrect in specifying the use of 4 nylong nuts instead of the required 8, 4 of those being between the motherboard and the adapter. I knew for damn sure that I wasn't going to follow the instructions saying to just mount the aluminum directly on top of the M/B. Anyhow, Danny informed me that all 8 black nylon nuts are suppose to be used, 4 being between the adapter and the motherboard, so all should be good.
Neomoses, thanks for the tip on that image for reference but unfortunately, I needed to find out how it was attached underneath the adapter.

I'm using the P4 adapter for my Dtek Spiral and I've never had problems like that. I've chatted with a couple other adapter users and they have either.

Back