• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats Linux?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos Snake

AOL called for my Wife tonight while we were making dinner. They asked if we would be intersted in signing up. I said no thanks, and he asked if my wife would be intersted. When I asked she shouted from the other room "HE** NO, why would we want that crap". The guy then starts going into all the advancments of AOL and how they changed things to better suit there customers, Blah, blah, blah. I looked at my screen ans asked "Do you have Linux support?" Pause, sound of hand covering mic, and muffled question to whoever was sitting next to the guy "What the he** is Linux?" 2-3 second wait and he comes back on talking very fast "If you ever change you mind, fell free to give us a call............... Bye." That should keep them from calling again. I would have thought that someone who works for a ISP would know if they support Linux, the guy didn't even know what Linux was!!!!!!! Looks like Linux was worth learning after all, if for no other reason then getting AOL to leave me alone.

hehehehe
that's one of my favourites to use... also try asking them if they support port forwarding. i freaked out a d-link tech support guy with "how do I set this thing up for port forwarding?" (i don't think he had a clue what i was talking about)

anyway, back on topic...
Linux is the answer to everything from sales calls to 'what is the meaning of life?' (no, it's not 42... it's Linux ;) )

That's cool... I bet though it would work on almost all telemarketers
"Would you like a new credit card ?"
"Would it support Linux?"
"Huh? If you change you mind..."

Sorry Is_907 but 6x8 != Linux

Back