• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA y code 1.33GHz, major probs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geo

Alright, true I'm new to this, but I learn quick and want to oc the !%#$ out of this CPU. I can't boot win2k above 1.47GHz, and can't even post above 1.53GHz. I've seen blue screens, even black screens, HELP! It's watercooled, core temps never go much above 36C, case is usually same or lower. I've tried all types of multipliers and FSB's, was stable at 10X146 and also 11X133. Please advice me, have I missed something, any pointers, anything! I wish these babies came with a 1.6 GHz or better garuntee, heheheh :):

Iwill Ka-266 v1.3 (max cpu voltage is 1.85, didn't help)
256 Crucial PC2100(i've tried cas 2&2.5 on slow-ultra2, no help)
Quantum 40GB ATA-100
Elsa Gladiac GF2-Ultra(tried diff vcard, no help)
only other add-on is a 3Com 905C PCI nic
What more do you need to know?

Might be time for a voltage mod or you could just have a doggy CPU. My k code 1333 is a real dog.

But that's so strange, how is it that aircooled people have reached above 1.5GHz at 1.85v?

quality of the chips varies greatly, you could get a 1 ghz AXIA CPU that does 1.33 ghz aircooled, and another that does 1550 aircooled, its just the luck of the draw.

Aaron

Aman99 (Jun 22, 2001 09:34 p.m.):
quality of the chips varies greatly, you could get a 1 ghz AXIA CPU that does 1.33 ghz aircooled, and another that does 1550 aircooled, its just the luck of the draw.

Aaron

I agree with Aman, I was real lucky to get a good AVIA, when I bought it, I did not know the term overclock.

Right, they vary but within the codes themselves? It is an:
AXIA0112MPMW
Y5021851408
B4 I went watercooled it could not post past 1530 also, this was at 49C with a crap STEP fan!

well you have gotton it pretty close to average , just look here ,
I got a 1ghz axia at 1366 right now and my mb wont accept higher but I know it will do more
wildone

Hold on now, 1525 is the average, and that's probably aircooled. I don't get how you relatively easily overclocked your 1ghz by 136%, but I can't even get past 110%! I'll give this so called voltage mod a shot, and then i'm gonna get one of those AYHJA's if that doesn't work. What cpu voltage would be unsafe or borderline dangerous anyway?

Back