• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over Clocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lan

I'm all new to this but this seemed to be the best site. I have an amd athalon xp 2400. I want to clock it up. I run an emachine so I'm not sure if I'll run into some probs w my mobo. I've already put in a geforce fx 5600 which is awesome. I also need to put in some ddr ram (1gb is what I want) and from what I've read that will be a factor in how I clock..which I would be starting from ground zero..like riding a bike for a first time & not knowing what handle bars are. any and all helpful feedback would be greatly appreciate. feel free to email me at [email protected] or I can follow up on threads for thoughts. THANKS!! -Lan;)

Welcome to the forums!

I think 2.3Ghz should be possible with a 2400+.

Although I'm not very familiar with emachines... so do you know what model your motherboard is?

Your RAM will be a factor in how much you overclock the CPU, but it also depends on which motherboard you are using.

other factors that affect your overclocking are your cooling and your power supply.

so if you can list some more info about your computer, then we'll be able to help you more easily.

Well most likely your not gonna be able to OC that. I'll almost gauntee that the mobo will not allow it. Personaly I would stick with that setup until your ready to make an entirely new computer. If you want to OC that effectivly your going to need a new case and new PSU.

eMachines I think, like many other manufacturers, locks your FSB and your mulitiplier so that you cannot change it, hence there is no overclocking

i agree with ajrettke...keep the setup the way it is...upgrade your memory SIZE-wise, so that you will run a tad faster.

Enjoy the speed

Back