• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Tru-Power 430- Loud?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

My Antec Tru-Power 430 seems loud. It's hard for me to say if the source of the noise is the PSU because when I got it my Via Aqua 1300 pump was so loud I wouldn't have noticed, and now I'm using the stock AMD HS/F, which itself is loud.

I would appreciate suggestions for Ultra quiet PSU's in the 450w range

Antecs are only loud when they are getting ready to blow up... DUCK! ;)

PC power and cooling or 120mm fanned Fortron 350.

Fortron won't fit my case if it uses a 120mm fan, and PC power and cooling stuff is way too expensive :(

Any ATX PSU will fit in any ATX case, even the fortron with the 120mm fan ;) The fan is not mounted at the back of the psu (which I think is where you probably thought it was located?)

ohhhhhhhhhhhh (duh :rolleyes: )

Does the Fortron have a reputation for being a very quiet PSU?

I'll be putting my new water cooling stuff in soon, the pump is an eheim 1048 (so it'll be totally silent) and I'm thinking of 7v my Panaflo L1a fan. I don't care if the temps go up high, I just want to silence! :D

I put a muffler on my TruePower 480w and now I can't hear it unless I put my ear to its exhaust. The 350w Fortron with the 120mm fan would be my choice for a replacement PSU if for some reason I didn't want to use this Antec PSU.

Well Fortron itself does not have a rep for ultra quiet PSUs but the 120mm fan version is quiter due to the fan thats in it.

I put a muffler on my TruePower 480w and now I can't hear it unless I put my ear to its exhaust.
What do you mean a muffler? I have never heard of them. Who makes them and who sells them?

---

My TruePower 430 is much quieter then the Fortron 350 I used to own.

Redstone said:

What do you mean a muffler? I have never heard of them. Who makes them and who sells them?

I doubt these ever will be manufactured; it's more of a ghetto-mod. I posted about the PSU muffler I made here.

Redstone said:

My TruePower 430 is much quieter then the Fortron 350 I used to own.

This is good know... I like my Antec PSU. :)

Last edited:
My old Sparkle 350 Fortron without any noise control was loud as hell... the High-q I have I can't even hear... the fan is VERY VERY slow.

My 300W Fortron with a 120mm is 100% inaudible. Completely. I'd say that either this or the 350W would be your best bet. However, what do you mean by "450W range"? The 350W Fortrons provide enough juice for just about all systems, within reason. Unless you're trying to run an AMD over 2.5-2.6ghz or an Intel above 3.2ghz, these should do the trick.

on a quiet system true powers will definetly sound noisey. mine is prolly about the baseline noise maker in mine. i know i fi could knock some of that out with the OE case fans it would help dramatically.

HI-Q model Sparkle 350 fortron at newegg. Dirt cheap but SHORT AS HELL cables.

My antec 430 true seems very quiet. Of course, thats compared to my 50 cfm sunon and tornado.

But really, putting my ear right up to it, its pretty quiet.

Lithan said:
PC power and cooling or 120mm fanned Fortron 350.

Huh? I have a PCP&C Turbo-Cool 350 in my server and it's as loud as a Hoover. In fact, I replaced the stock fan with a Panaflo M1A, because the thing was made SO much noise!

My Antec 550 is silent.... i can't hear it over my panaflow or my nb cooler.

Back