• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maze4 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thoth

i've been reading various websites about the maze4 cpu block, and i cant find a definite answer as to how much pressure should be used when installing the block..

the majority of the reviews i've seen have said or shown to compress the springs ALL THE WAY down. But then i read a few reviews that say only 60%.

i don't wanna crush the core on my pretty 2500+, but i dont wanna burn it up if the block shifts. what should i do?

Before I would worry about that. I would make sure you have a good PERFECTLY flat contact. I have not really noticed a big difference between clamping pressures. I run a Maze3 on a P4.

The flatter I get my block, the more I have seen a rise in my idle temps, but my load is decreasing.

I would just try it out, if you have a good temp sensor. Honestly, I have seen an increase in my temps if I over clamp mine. This board is more flexiable than my other boards, so it seems. Good luck.

edit: On that AMD, I would start out at 60%. I dont think you would need much more than that.

I agree, my maze2 mounts the same way, on my old epox board i could clamp them down allmost all the way, and see a couple degrees knocked off my load temps, with my new abit board, if i run the nuts all the way down my load temps increase. I would guess by looking that my springs are compressed until there is about 1mm of space between the coils. 70% maybe?

Jules.

definately clamp it 100% those springs are weak(by my standards:D) they will only put 20lbs on it at maximum I think, I put around 30-35:)

Just tighten evenly, you should be fine.

Jon

clamped 100%.. i saw my prime95 load temp go down 2*F

from 95*F to 93*F (barton 2500+) @ 2310mhz at 1.775v

thanks guys :D

Back