• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ reboots win xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Polikarp77

Hi guys!
I tried to overclock to 3200+ (default settings), but I can't boot to the OS as it restarts. it works with 10x though.
Could anyone give me a clue? Thx.

Now I'm at 10x204Mhz with 5:5 ratio and seems stable after running SETI for 12 hours.

Abit NF7-S v 2.0 2x256 MB DDR2700

Maybe you'r not giving the chip enough juice. What are your temps? If they are in their 40s you can safely up the vcore to 1.7 or 1.75 for a stable 2.2GHz

temps:
52.5C after 12 hours of SETI (48C now)
42C when i turn on the PC
chassis temp: 24-28C

Well, I think that your temps are a bit too high.. if you could get better cooling you even might've hit 2.2GHz w/o increasing vcore

OK, I tried to raise vcore up to 1.75 and xp got a little further this time. I only saw a memory dump for a flash of a second. any point in increasing it above 1.75? I don't wanna burn my proc.

I saw in the forum that turning apic off might help, but it requires reinsatting the OS. It's also not confirmed that it works with rev 20. mobos.

Nope you shouldn't up your vcore with 50+ full load temps.
I think that a limiting factor might be the PSU. what PSU do you have?

Back