• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with the new drivers for the Delta 410 soundcard.. help please..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squale

I have always used BPM Studio Pro with my Delta 410 sound card using the KERNAL driver with a latency setup of 7ms. Well today I had to install a new video card in the computer so I had to change the PCI slot of the Delta soundcard, and I guess by doing so, I had to reinstall the drivers for it. I have no idea why. So I figured, let me go to the M-audio site and download the newest drivers for the Delta 410 while I was at it. So that's what I did, and I installed the new drivers. Now in BPM Studio, when I go to play something, the sound comes through very low and all screwed up, almost alien like. You really can't understand the music at all. But the funny this is, when I play an MP3 through Winamp, it sounds perfectly fine. Maybe because Winamp is using a different driver like the DirectSound driver or something. So if I change the driver in BPM Studio to like DirectSound or ASO, it works fine and sounds great. It's only the Kernal driver that is messing it up. But I want to use the Kernal driver because its the lowest latency at only 7ms. The next lowest is the ASO driver which I am using now at a latency of 11ms I think. So I want my Kernal driver to work again, and was wondering why it doesn't now.. and if anybody else experienced this???

Back