• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F6 Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I flashed the bios on my 8KNXP to F6 yet CPUZ still says its F5.... got any ideas on why? how can i check my bios version in thee bios?

Read the manual, i just remeber it being something about the dual bios thingy...

Sorry mate, i just dont remeber the rest, but i know it was in there.. My manual is in a box, in the storage room, if you cant figure it out, i'll go look for it...

B!

i have my manual.... and the bios says the update was sucessful too.... so i don't get it.

The BIOS version should be in the lower left corner of the BIOS screen. If the boot screen says its using F5, its using F5. The flash must not have worked. I have had to flash mine about 6 or 7 times to get the F7d to take on my board. I have never had this much trouble flashing a BIOS.

I would try again and after you flash it, make sure to cold boot. It needs to be turned all the way off to start with the new BIOS. I dont know on your chipset but I seemed to have better luck with update program in BIOS. I tried it from both the Windows update program and just running the flash program from floppy. I think the BIOS update program was the easiest.

I couldn't get it to work from windows and gigabyte recomend using the floppy. Stan, when you post just go into the bios edit. Go into the q-flash utility and then reselect booting from main bios and then save. Your machine is booting off the backup bios and not the main. that's why it still says F5

i installed the f6 bios into both the main and the backup

I just got a new KNXP non ultra from new egg and it was the new version 2 with C.I.A. It has a new bios FB and thats the only version now for that board. I ordered a refurbished unit first and when i got it, it was dead,i think someone flashed the bios and killed it so they RMA'ed back and it was sold as a refurb.

Be careful when you flash the bios on the KNXP boards, because there are 4 versions of the KNXP now, and they all use a different bios. DOUG

I hear that. Whats the deal? There are now 4 versions of my board too. That is kind of BS if you ask me. I want to know what was such a big change it couldnt be done in a BIOS update?

well the ultra and the non ultra aren't that different.... and why couldn't they put CIA in a bios update? what exactly is that.... and are they going to keep updating the 8KNXP bios?

CIA is CPU Intelegent Accelerator. What is does is overclock the board to a %set by the user that kicks in only when the CPU needs it. I dont know if there is something mechanicly different about the MB but the ULTRA and Non Ultra KNXP version 2 have it,thus the bios is different on these two boards verses the version 1 boards. Go to the Gigabyte web site for a compltere explenation on how it works. It also has a different sound chip than the first version.

thats kind of pointless.... both of the new things.... IMO anyway :D

Back