• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Palomino....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galaxy2x4

Registered
Can someone please explain some of the differences between todays top of the line TBirds and the new palomino. And when is AMD releasing a 64bit processor (assuming that's not the palomino) How does new processor rank, i read the article on the front page today but from my perspective it didn't seem to have much of an advantage at all.

is the mobile palomino the same as the palomino everyone is anticipating? if so, then why the low clock speeds? if no, then when does the palomino come out or at least higher clock speeds?

ok think of it this way. its amd's first venture into making a chip that works in a dual processor machine. i say "way to go amd!" its definantly a step in the right direction because it will push intel to compete in a new area.

also think about the cost of two amd palominos. its probably still less than a p4 1.7.

and for everyone worried about it only being a 1.2 ghz chip. you have to remeber its a first generation dual processor chip. it will get faster soon.

I thought that the Athlons and even some (or all) K6's were SMP compatible, but nobody ever made a board for it. And according to Joe on the front page, they're not amazing at overclocking, either.

What good will a 64 bit chip be? No application support it right now anyways it will be months before applications even support it. Thats why pentium 4 sucks right?>

I can't remember if I heard it on t.v. or read it but the next athlon chip will come out in August.

Back