• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with even modest OCing on a 1200 Axia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Riekk

I'm afraid this might be a bad chip. I've got a Iwill KK266 with a 1200 Axia. I've been using a WBK38, and just recently got a millenium glaciator. That doesn't seem to help either. It won't do 1333 at default voltage, when I restart it gives me windows protection errors. I tried bumping the voltage, and 1333 (seems to be, I haven't stressed it yet) stable at 1.825. However, 1400 is a no-go, gives the same protection errors.

Heat should not be a problem. Abient is around 23-25 these days, and I have a small fan blowing directly into the open case. It was giving the same errors with both the WBK and now the Glaciator. Via Hardware Monitor reports temps around 35C. Since those programs are usually inaccurate, we can do the math based on the article on the frontpage:

Say 1400 @ 1.85 (a bit higher than what I tried) is 80 watts. 80*(.22) (CW of the WBK) = 17.6 + (27 case temp) = 44.6. That seems fine.
With the Glaciator, it would be 80*(.18 ) = 14.4 + 27 = 41.4.

IT SHOULD BE FINE!
Could another component be causing this? Or is it just a bum chip? I just tried 10*133 for the 1333 and 10.5 for the 1400. Its crucial CL2 PC133, and an Enermax 350 watt PSU. This is really annoying.

Yum, I just got a protection error on my 1333 OC. This is really annoying, I dropped it back down to 1200 and will look into that enermax thread.

Hi, you problem sounds more like the chip is not unlocked.
Prior to any case/PSU and HSF upgrades, I could get 1.333 GHz with generic PSU and HSF but the temp was in the upper 50s. I'm running a Swiftech 462-A with and AXIA [email protected], Vc=1.675, 43C at load.
Initially I thought my chip was unlocked (saw the bridge attached), so I upped the multiplier and prompty crashed the system. Under a 3 diopter magnifier, I could see the laser severed L1 bridges. Reconnecting the L1 worked perfectly. Since then I upgraded to the Swiftech and Enermax to improve temp.

I had the same problem also first I was told that the Athlon 1200 that I purchased did not need to be unlocked...so I loked and it seemed true then when entering the bios I noticed that my Multiplyer was not shaded out and I thought great! well guess what I could not go over 9.0 sure enough i had to use the pen trick to unlock the chip.....now its flying

Back