• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant Get INTO windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bilal

Registered
So yesterday i was on my computer...it was working juuust fine. THen, all of a sudden, last night, i poped open IE to go to my site, and i get a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! then my computer just restarts....but not succesfully ;(. im running windows XP pro. NOW, when i turn on my computer, it asks to check for drive consistancy on my C drive (a 20 gig maxtor 5400rpm). When i do so, it checks and everything returns correctly. However, after its done checking, it SUPPOSED to go ahead and start up windows. Instead it just sits there for a minute or 2, at the completed drive consistancy test, and then i get another blue screen of death, and my computer just restarts. The problem is, that the blue screen doesnt stick around long enough for me to be able to read it. I mean, it pops up, for a mere second..then it restarts. whats going on?

Sounds like a deceased hard drive. Have you tried booting with the Windows CD in and see if that will load. If so, try repair options and run chkdisk to see if the disk is OK, and if that works, try a 'repair' install of Windows. That will leave data intact, just over write the OS.

i cant find my windows cd-im working on it, however while in command prompt via the boot disk, i poped a DIR in the c drive, and i saw all my files. If i can see the files, can/is it still dead (the hard drive i mean ;p_)?

well, you could try putting your hard drive into another PC if you have one, maybe a friends or something

if nothings wrong with your hard drive, just repair windows - its a great feature, i do it like 10 times a week ;D (the shells i use like to f*** up my windows)

Back