• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the intel equivalent to

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's probably close, Max... if you don't take memory bandwidth into consideration. The Intel will still easily win that battle.

Well also depends on the apps. If the app is mem bandwith hungry, the 2.8C will win, but more cpu intenesive apps IE UT2k3, and other gamming, IMO the AMD will win. really you can't go wrong with either:D

Vengance_01 said:
Well also depends on the apps. If the app is mem bandwith hungry, the 2.8C will win, but more cpu intenesive apps IE UT2k3, and other gamming, IMO the AMD will win. really you can't go wrong with either:D

Wouldn't it be nice if they created a dual proc mobo that runs both AMD and Intel chips :)

Imagine a 3200 Barton and a 3.2 P4 in a system.... Have the option to tell an app what proc to use.... omg... that would rule....

Whats wrong with current dual cpu systems? I have a AMD MP dually system operational that i use for everything and I have a Dual Opteron 240 system waiting on heatsinks. I love my duals.

think i just hijacked my own thread.

Xtc4u said:
think i just hijacked my own thread.
laugh.gif

It's because AMD's processors have less pipelines. More pipelines take a longer time to retrieve false guess information in branchy applications like work processors and such....

I hope you undersand that....

Back