• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wow i broke 1.6ghz!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

well i updated my bios on my asus a7a266 to 1005 and now i can change multipliers so i changed it to 11.5x and now i am running at 1.62ghz stable my sisop sanda cpu scores were 4510 and 2213, and now my system seems to be way faster since i lowered the fsb and raised the multplier!!!! sweet,

i knoticed this bios update raised my temp 10c! asus said it is an bug in the bios version, i was wondering if my temps really went up 10 or it it false readings? my moboard temp is still 30-31c, tho

This is rather disturbing...I can only choose 12 X or lower and that's just with the dipswitches...the BIOS multiplier wont let me choose. What's goin on?

SpeedDemon (Jun 29, 2001 08:36 p.m.):
This is rather disturbing...I can only choose 12 X or lower and that's just with the dipswitches...the BIOS multiplier wont let me choose. What's goin on?

what ver bios you have?

peewee (Jun 25, 2001 08:29 p.m.):
i knoticed this bios update raised my temp 10c! asus said it is an bug in the bios version, i was wondering if my temps really went up 10 or it it false readings? my moboard temp is still 30-31c, tho

Do the digital thermometer mod Hoot did the article on. I did it and it works great. Now I can see my temps before windows starts, and it looks cool to boot.

I got my digital temp probe from www.crazypc.com for $13.99.

Does this new bios from the German site bring the temp. back to normal or is it still 10 degrees celcius more?

still 10C or more above what the 1002 BIOS said...
the pisser about that is...is that as far as the computer knows your CPU temp is REALLY that high...and it WILL freeze and shut down if you break 70C (60 C in real life)

not that anyone should get that high...but there are exceptional cases. know?

i just got the 1005's and my multiplier still won't move.
is there something on the mobo i have to do?

about that rise in idle temps, I remember hearing about a register you can change using wpcredit that lowered the idle temp by about 10C.
I'll see if I can find a link to it and then I'll post it.

Back