• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KT7-RAID (KT133) and 266FSB revisited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goretusk

Registered
Ok...so my question before about whether a 1.2ghz Tbird running at 266fsb would run on my KT7-Raid without the KT133a chipset might not have been specific enough. After ordering the CPU I realized "it might work, but what is the 1.2 gonna run at?". So my question to you is: am I going to be screwing myself and having a 1.2ghz Tbird that is underclocked to 900mhz because my board can't support the full 133mhz FSB? I should have made the question more clear before...so it's my own fault if not. Might just have to upgrade my moboard after all? Final draft form of this question: "With the KT133 chipset will a 1.2ghz 266FSB Tbird run at it's clocked speed of 1.2ghz? or is it going to be stuck at 900mhz unless the multiplier is unlocked?" Thanks

You may luck out and get a factory unlocked chip, but the bottom line is, the default mult is 9 on that proc, so you will be running at 900 unless you manipulate the mult on it. On that mobo you are going to have to run it at 12X100 at least. Good luck

Fiz

If you're in doubt, just get the 1.2/200 chip. I did that when I had a kt7-Raid and then before I even got the chip I picked up a kt7a for dirt cheap. My chip was a unlocked factory AXIA 9, and the bios (3C) on the kt7a even had the option to select 1200 (133) or 1200 (100). If you update your kt7 to the same bios you'll get that option with an unlocked chip. That's the cpu in my sig below.

Back