• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor problems (help!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Orion66

Registered
Hello

I got a used 21in Hitachi monitor and I'm getting in the background these wavy lines. They are in all four corners and from the sides. Its like I have 8 magnets on the side of the monitor. And they are jecky back and froth. The picture itself is fine but I see them on when there is a full dark screen (or light). And I have nothing sitting near the monitor. (computer is 3 or 4 feet away from it.

Any ideas?

This could be a number of things. Have you ruled out interference from anything nearby? If so, there could be a number of things causing this internally, I can't really tell without looking at it. You'd have to bring it to someone to look at.

I have nothing sitting near the monitor and I've had a 19in and other monitors in the same spot with no problems. The brightness on this monitor is not to good either.. I have the contrast turned up to 80% and the brightness turned up to 80%. The brightness doen't change much if I take it down or up. I think the tube might just be no good.

Orion66 said:
The brightness on this monitor is not to good either.. I have the contrast turned up to 80% and the brightness turned up to 80%. The brightness doen't change much if I take it down or up. I think the tube might just be no good.

Yep, tube is well worn and dying from the description... there may be one or two things a good tech can do to prolong the life of it, but it'll never be like new again. A new tube is rediculously expensive, I'm afraid, and would cost more to replace than a new monitor.

Thanks for the help..

I bought this monitor used and I know that during shipping the box broke open on the bottom (they told me that when they delivered it) I think that wasn't to good on the monitor.. I'm in talks with the company I bought it from. So hopefully they will send me a new used one..

Thanks.

Back