• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My little W/C Redo..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

hey guys,
I got this pump from a local fish store for cheap.
It says Heto on it and it looks identical to the Hydor L20 but the max Q is 1200l/h (same as the L30).
I did the impeller mod for it and sealed it up with goop.
so here are the pics:

The whole sys:
DSCN2297.JPG

Pump, res and rad:
DSCN2298.JPG

Zalman NB32J + 40mm TT fan Cooling the NB:
DSCN2299.JPG

The WaterBlock:
DSCN2300.JPG

Comments?
Suma.

around 33c idle.
220x10.5 @ 1.65vcore.

about the sizes:
in: 8mm
out: 10mm

I can't tell in inches though.

What about some load temps ;)? Looks fine other than the tubing length from wb to pump intake. Any reason why it's so long?

BTW your bay res looks like its falling out :p

haha that tubing is so thin! its crazy looking u need some 3/8s so u can feel like a real man ;) you might as well use a t-line as well since ur res is kinda---falling hehe

Soja said:
What about some load temps ;)? Looks fine other than the tubing length from wb to pump intake. Any reason why it's so long?

BTW your bay res looks like its falling out :p

Load Temp is 35c-37c mostly because of room temp.
Idle is 33c-35c also 'cause of room temps.

It's long because it's the last piece of tube that I got and I didn't want to cut it just for the experiment now I don't want to take the system apart I don't really mind it's long :p

Suma.

Pixel said:
haha that tubing is so thin! its crazy looking u need some 3/8s so u can feel like a real man ;) you might as well use a t-line as well since ur res is kinda---falling hehe

About the bay-res it's stuck. It can't fall, you need to be very strong to pull it out (like me :p)

That tubing is small indeed :rolleyes:
Anyway I'm going for this setup when I get the cash:
Dtek WW
Mag3
My current Rad (all copper double pass) with 2x120 on custom shrouds.

:D

8mm is a hair bigger than 5/16". Not ideal, but plenty bigger than many w/c setups from 2 years ago. The 1mm thick wall is a tad scary. I'd go with 2mm (a little thicker than 1/16") at least.

There's something cute about this setup, maybe because everything just looks so tiny :) Really should get some pics done of my system, it's an absolute beast in comparison lol

Actually a bigger concern than the tubing diameter might be that the rez is on the high pressure side of the system. Granted it ain't much pressure, but ... *cringe* ... I hate to think of the consequence of an exploded rez.

I trust this res.
It's fine it's pretty strong.
and about the wall I wrote it's 10-8=2mm wall not 1mm.
I'm going to change it though.

i have a question..

why is your res hanging out like that, is it just there for the pic or is the tubing not long enough for it to fit right? Also, what are you using to seal the oring to the pump? looks like an epoxy of some sort

the res is like that beacause it's easyer to fill it that way, the air is always @ the top.
and I used goop (said in the 1st post).

Back