• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homicidal BoB

Buffalo Pc3700 problems

I just put together a new system (Abit IC7, P4 2.6c) with 2 512MB Pc3700 buffalo dimms. Today I got around to trying them, and if I try to run them with any timings lower than the spd (2.5,4,4,7) I get massive memtest86 errors (was up to 22k after 1.5 passes). That was at 200mhz fsb, and voltage up to 2.8 didn't help at all. Without changing the timings or enabling game accelerator I was able to get to 205mhz tops, I tried raising the voltage and it appears that isn't helpful. I still have some time to rma/get a refund from newegg, but would these sticks warrent being defective since they are sold as pc3700 memory? I'm not trying to be overly picky, just they aren't doing anything past pc3200 ram really.

Last edited:
Well seems my memory is bad, even at 200mhz with default timings it craps out in memtest86 after running for a while. Heres hoping newegg will allow me to exchange it for another brand of memory seeing as this stuff is out of stock at the moment. Can anyone suggest another good bh5 memory that newegg sells?

Back