Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
Forum Jump

XP Mod Gallery

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 07:11 PM Thread Starter   #1
Pixel

XP Mod Gallery

Post a screen shot of winxp modded as pretty as possible include ydock samurize blah blah anything!
Pixel is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-20-03, 07:51 PM   #2
su root
--
I teach people how to read your email.

10 Year Badge

You can find a lot of already-posted desktop screenies in the Official Desktop Thread.

Old 10-20-03, 08:11 PM Thread Starter   #3
Pixel

they use linux on some and its mainly wallpapers
Old 10-20-03, 08:35 PM   #4
shiyan

I think I qualify for this thread, although all I did was copy over what I had at the desktop thread.

I think it fits the description of as pretty as possible, with the help of Laetitia.

This is what I came up with.

this is my present boot screen. I downloaded it, but it did not work for SP1. exporting the picture and mixing it up with my kernel resulted in SP1 not letting me move the progress bar around. only when I used booteditor did I get it to work. when I have some time I'll change it to another picture of Laetitia.

this is my logon. also downloaded and applied with style xp, but pretty good.

and desktop

at the moment of taking that screenshot I was doing a burn in. My room was actually at a freezing 13C!

and yes, I do have an unhealthy obsession with Laetitia Casta. but then, she is the ultimate babe.
shiyan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-20-03, 08:47 PM   #5
CrashOveride

Quote:
Originally posted by Pixel
they use linux on some and its mainly wallpapers
Well everything you need is explained in that thread.

I realy don't see the use in making a whole new thread when you could read 2 pages and get the answer almost just as easily.

Its not really just Wallpapers either...

But if you must.

I use a program called Logon and Boot Randomizer to change my boot and logon screens and www.themexp.org for the screens.

Style XP for my themes (you could also use a hacked uxtheme.dll) and got the themes from teh same place as the screens.

I use object dock and KKMenu for my dock/OSX mimicry thingy... Don't have a link for either so you will have to google for it but the right version of KKmenu is very hard to find... from what I remember...

And my screenshots are in the other thread.

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
AKA:supaiku
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
CrashOveride is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-20-03, 08:56 PM Thread Starter   #6
Pixel

haha crash this thread isnt to find out how to mod xp! its a gallery :P
Old 10-20-03, 11:48 PM   #7
pik4chu
Senior Yellow Forum Rat

10 Year Badge

thats what the other thread is

Folding User Stats
Team 32 Countdown heatware
pik4chu is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-03, 12:07 AM   #8
CrashOveride

Quote:
Originally posted by pik4chu
thats what the other thread is
lol... ya now you blew your only arguement for having this thread.

Thats all the othe one is, the explinations are just stuff that happend.

lol

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
Old 10-21-03, 01:12 PM Thread Starter   #9
Pixel

haha well a total of one screenshot of a modded xp machine good stuff---
Old 10-21-03, 01:16 PM   #10
pik4chu
Senior Yellow Forum Rat

10 Year Badge

thats because, as stated several times, there is already a thread for this. So reposting them would be a waste of time and bandwidth

Folding User Stats
Team 32 Countdown heatware
pik4chu is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-03, 01:23 PM   #11
shiyan

shall I delete my post actually?
shiyan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-03, 03:11 PM Thread Starter   #12
Pixel

can someone delete this thread?
Old 10-21-03, 07:16 PM   #13
CrashOveride

Quote:
can someone delete this thread?
A mod could if you asked, but they may not want to. It's probably better to just let it drop off the pages...

Old 10-21-03, 07:45 PM Thread Starter   #14
Pixel

well its lame having this and NO ONE posting any cool xp mods besides shiyan (thanks for the kool mac mod!)
Old 10-21-03, 09:40 PM   #15
CrashOveride

Quote:
well its lame having this and NO ONE posting any cool xp mods besides shiyan (thanks for the kool mac mod!)
Meh, ok.

Quote:
Me, in this thread
I will update it from time to time if I remember.

I am using:
Ultramon
Object Dock
KKMenu
Trillian
StyleXP

Last edited by CrashOveride; 10-21-03 at 09:51 PM.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications