• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron 530 Watt - Model: P530XF530W - Any reviews?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AGampher

I am in the market for a new PSU as my Enermax 431 watt (model EG465P-VE) has numerous problems with my 8RDA+. I have been looking at the Fortron 530 watt (model P530XF530W).

Anyone have this PSU?

Ideas? Opinions? Insane rantings?

Fortons are generly pretty awsome. All of their's have a good reputation and thogh people ususaly dont get the 500w+ fortons (because they are usually considered to be good vaule PSU's so people get lower wattage cheaper models instead, not that they are bad). I would say its good.

However the 350w may be enough for your system. If you list your system we can prolly tell you if it is enough. Don't be turned off by the 350w rating though. I wouldn't be in the LEAST surprised if it was better than that Enermax you gots.

Epox 8RDA+
Athlon 2600+
1GB (2x512MB) Crucial pc3200
Crucial 9700 pro
2 Raptors in RAID 0 with a Promise Fastrak 150+
Audigy 2
1 Lite on CDRW
1 Iomega Zip drive
1 Floppy
4 Sunon 50cfm case fans
1 PCI Slot Exhaust fan
Soon to be one Fan Controller

I also have a 350watt Sparkle (that is getting me by) but it cuts out and freezes up when anything draws any power (i.e. 9700pro while gaming).

I am leaning towards the Fortron.

You could most likley get away with a 350w if you are short on cash but a higher wattage is good and will last you longer.

I have seen over 3Ghz intel machines iwth 2 Hdd's and 2 opticals w/ a 9700 run fine w/ a 350w so you would likley be ok with one... But if I where in teh situation and I had the extra money I would go with a higher wattage one.

dont forget guys, watts isnt everything

before your gonna buy a psu, check reviews for it from a reliable source

dont forget guys, watts isnt everything

before your gonna buy a psu, check reviews for it from a reliable source

no doubt about that...but fortron is a reliable source of psu's...

see tomshardware guide's reviews of power supplies and high power psu's and you'll see they are some of the best

i agree fortron has a very good reputation (psst i have the 530 watt one myself)

im just worried about people going for cheaper brands

The Fortron 530w is a great PSU for the money. I upgraded from a Antec True430w which died on me btw. I have in my system 1 CD-RW burner, 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD-R burner, 2 x 7200 rpm HDD's, Radeon 9800 pro, 2 x 256MB RAM running at 2.8v, athlonXP running at 2.4Ghz with 1.85v, SB Audigy, cathode light, 1 120mm fan, 4 x 80mm fans. Needless to say this PSU is a monster and I'm sure there's some more room to add a few more things. I feel this is a better quality PSU than the Antec I had plus it has more watts and it is the same price to boot.

Last edited:
Ive had a fsp 530w for over 3 weeks now...its amazing to say the least. I was having problems overclocking my fsb on my 8rda rev1.0 board with my antec 420 true power. All my issues were solved buying the 530w fortron source. Its GREAT!!! My rails are perfect and my [email protected] (11x200) is extremely stable and I'm a happy camper. Before I encountered issues going above 170fsb with the other supply.

Wazer

Back