• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did you Know TB and Durons will work in a multiple processor MB!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildone

Well I sure didnt but I was just reading this and had to share it
Although Athlon MP is the only CPU that is validated by AMD for operation in dual processor (DP) mode, it isn’t the only processor that works in DP configurations. In fact, the first and only 760MP motherboard being released today was tested and debugged using regular Athlons with Thunderbird cores. Even Durons will work in DP mode without any problems, but AMD is only officially supporting configurations with Dual Athlon MPs. This is somewhat like Intel’s insistence that the Celeron would not work in MP mode, though ABIT obviously proved them wrong with their BP6, which was designed with DP Celerons in mind.

the whole story
wildone

Now, if only the motherboards were cheaper, a dual Duron setup would be ideal for a low-cost/high overclockability board.

phiber (Jun 28, 2001 11:06 a.m.):
in other words by a refridgerator and stick everything in there...LOL

More like a freezer with the PSU(s) bolted somewhere in a corner, MoBo bolted on to one of the walls, and all the slots would be easily accessible too :D LoL

where's LN2 when i need him.... ask him about how to cool those processors ;)... i'd say go with dual watercooling, or dual glaciators, and some serious casemods......

SharkyTM

I was just reading about that Mobo today and saw the thing about the MP processors. I'm glad the regular T-birds work in them as I'm am planning on buying one but didnt want to shell out the extra money for 2 MP processors. I already have a couple T-birds.

dual durons for me! (nice 'n' cheap).
I think ill wait till the mobo prices go down tho

Back