• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to secure Lexen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

I'm going to be working on a "clear case mod", and I'll actually be putting lexen over a steal case frame. 1/8" lexen is going to be fine, I know that, because the case doesn't wabble at all when it's stripped bare. The only problem I see is securing the sheets of lexen to the frame. I don't want ot use pop-rivets, cause those crack the lexen around the rivet after a short period of time. I don't know about glue, I think it might looks tacky seeing boches of clear glue all over. Bolts came to mind, brass ones maybe, but they seem bulky :-/ . I dunno, any ideas? I really want to start working on this case soon :).

To make things simple I'd make tapped holes in the steel frame then drill holes in the sheet large enough for the bolts or screws to fit through without threading. The steel will be far more receptive to repetitive bolting than the lexan would, plus you could use all kinds of small and non-ugly hex nuts or allen bolts.

Search online, you can get some clear bolts. What would be really cool, and expensive, are some SRP (specitatly racing products) Ti bolts.

Back