• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alan Sr

Registered
I have my 1.2 OC to 1.4 and normaly with my Hedgehog HSF with 38CFM, I idle at 28 and max load at 45.
but I live in a real small house and when my wife cooks or uses the dryer, my temps run up to 38 idle and 50 max.
I already mounted 2 extra 80mm fans on the side of the case "looks real cool" is there anything else I could do to lower these temps during peak house in my kitchen.

Here's a tip a lot of people here use...post in the right forum...:)

If you ask over in the cooling forum, your post might be seen by the right people. ANyways, you need to lower your ambient room temps before any cooling will happen whatsoever. You also need to plan airflow through your case. Too many fans results in bad airflow, and not enough fans the same problems occur.

If under extreme load temps when your house gets hot your CPU doesn't go over 50C i wouldn't be too worried. If you're really concerned you could try water cooling, thats my next adventure.
Doug

Back