• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wire or Pencil with my Athlon T-Bird 1.4 and K7N2G-L ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidbla

Registered
Hi Yall, I'm Back with more experience and more questions!!

Now, i need to know wich of this modes it's the best for me, I know that the T-Bird using a pencil and connecting all the L1 it unlocks; but theres another way using wires... so, WHAT DO U RECOMEND ME TO DO ??

At this moment my system is running smooth at:

MSI K7N2G-L
CPU AMD T-Bird 1400@1333 166x8.0 vcore 1.8-1.9
MEMORY Spectek and Wintec 768 MB running at 333 (2.0-3-3-6)

Thanks and Greetings to Yall The Overclockers!! :cool:

Ahh I forget to ask...:p

If my cpu is locked, and i'll change FSB or multiplier it wont will boot up, Right??
or
Will Boot up and then reset??

Example, at windows startup.

Thanks.

About the wire unlocking in my mobo, if i'll do it, and all goes ok!

How do i know to confirm that is ok?? it will boot and show me the lowes FSB and Multipier available in my mobo ??

of course have in mind that before booting after all the wire thing i will reset my mobo.

Greetings!

davidbla said:
Please can anyone tell me how do i know if my CPU is locked or unlocked and how much my CPU can go in vcore and Mhz ??

Thanks!

to find out if it's locked it pretty easy, just try to change the multiplier to a lower one (you could go higher but going lower won't cause it to be unstable). at worst, the computer won't boot but most motherboards will still boot using the multi specified by the CPU.

i don't know about the max voltage or speed for the T-Birds, someone else with more expirence with them will have ot cover that one.

if the CPU is locked you can still raise the FSB to overclock them. the thing with raising the FSB is when it throws the PCI bus too far out of spec for your componets (you're usually safe to around 37Mhz, after that it's luck).

i wouldn't use the wire trick to unlock a T-Bird, using a pencil is very easy and doesn't risk losing the motherboard (and processor).

If you want to know if it's unlocked from the factory, just glance at the L1 bridges. If they're connected (instead of each being just two gold dots), you're good to go. If you want to tell if your unlocking is successful, just try and change the multi. If it doesn't boot, or boots at it's default speed instead of the new one, it's still locked. The lock is a mutliplier lock, it has nothing to do with FSB, so even if it is locked, you can change the FSB.

Back