• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeedDemon

Registered
I have a 1.4GHz T-Bird and an Asus A7A266.

Okay, so there's my processor, and I went over the L1 bridges with pencil JUST TO MAKE SURE theyre crossed, and when I flip the 10th jumper in my motherboard, I still can't pick the multiplier in my BIOS. I tried various switches in my motherboard and my computer just goes to 12 X as the multiplier with the 10th jumper on. Better than 10.5, but the >=12.5 choice in jumpers doesnt work. I tried all jumpers off except the 10th and that still wont let me choose. Also, the multiplier jumpers wont choose with the 10th off. So is my motherboard jumper selection equivalent to my BIOS?

Make sure you didn't accidentally touch bridges and short them together. That will cause your CPU to not short correctly and may even burn out your CPU.

I was EXTREMELY careful with that and even erased and did it over just out of fear after the first time. Does this sound like a symptom of doing that? I sure hope I didnt...

BUMP because I went to Beta V5 of the BIOS and it still wont choose there...just on the motherboard. Again, I'm not saying 12 X is bad to have to go to, but Id like to not have to play with the dang switches.

Ihave the 1004 bios&no.10 dipswitch connected, multipliers & fsb are fully adjustable from bios

Back