• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman heatpipe on 9600 Pro/XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I'm thinking of getting one of these cards in a couple months, and want to know if anyone has put the large Zalman heatpipe (80C-HP) on one of them and if it fits well. Yes, I know the chip doesn't need that big of cooling, but I still want to know.

Sapphire's Ultimate series cards comes with theser coolers pre attached. So, I guess it would probably fit very well, otherwise Sapphire wouldn't use them.

The Ultimate 9600 Pro uses the small heatpipe, that's why I asked about the large one. Thanks.

I'd assume that the mount holes are the same. It would kind of stink to buy both and find that the beast heatpipe doesn't fit.

Oh, I was unaware that they used a different size heatsink on the 9600 Ultimate. Sorry. :(

The Zalman fits pretty well on the 9800 although the Giant II fits a little better. The Zalman is pretty adjustable and gives you a choice of two different heat sink mounts. I can't imagine it wouldn't fit. I have both the Giant II and the Zalman and will be testing them on my card. I'll let you know in a couple of days which heat pipe is better.

The center of the core is really close to the part that goes in the agp slot on the 9600s so they might not fit right. They might fit though, i don't know.

The panels on the Zalman don't go past the gpu by much if any and the mounts just barely cover it. On the 9800 it doesn't cover the shims

Back