• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to calculate max load power for this PSU ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dinster

Registered
i bought this Youngyear PSU for just $15, i dont know the combined load power for 3.3V and 5V rail bcoz it's not stated there.

however i found Newegg is selling the Silverstone 360W PSU which is quite similar in terms of current output for 5V & 3.3V rail

can i simply make a conclusion, that the combined load for 3.3V and 5V for my Youngyear is around 230W <-- based on the Silverstone PSU

anyone have any idea about this ??

silverstone PSU

Youngyear PSU

Hrm first off if they do not label the combined power on those rails that is a BAD sign. I have never heard anything good regarding this brand of PSU before, sounds like a total generic PSU. The best bang for the buck PSU on the market is the 350w fortron for $36. If you are paying half that price for some strange brand I wouldn't even worry what the rating is, it won't even approach what the rating supposidily is anyways.

I don't know about Youngyear, but the Silverstones I've heard of are Sirtec made like Thermaltake and Highpower.

i know this youngyear kinda sucks, but i just wanna have some idea on its combined load power for 3.3V and 5V.. that's all.. any help from others ?

btw i'm gonna hunting for Fortron 350W for my main rig.. ;)

Why does the Youngyear have only CE certification and no UL? The last PSU I saw like that was a fanless model that seemed to be made by a really small company, and I've heard that CE approval doesn't require submission of an actual sample to a certification lab, just assurances that the product was built to meet CE standards.

dinster said:
i know this youngyear kinda sucks, but i just wanna have some idea on its combined load power for 3.3V and 5V.. that's all.. any help from others ?

btw i'm gonna hunting for Fortron 350W for my main rig.. ;)

There is no way to acurately calculate power output of a power supply. It must be measured.

If you just want some idea, it's really low.

Back