• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking deadline

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Hey folx, I haven't been around these parts for awhile. I have not had an Intel setup in over a year so, however I did some reading and this is what I have ordered:

IC7 MAX3
2.4C MO stepping
WhiteWater block, chevette core, Eheim 1250
9700 Pro with Fettig GPU block, RAM sinks
D Tek northbridge block
1GB Geil PC533
Dual Raptors in RAID 0
Lian PC65 with the exchanger on the OUTSIDE of machine
all cooling is 1/2"

ETA everything by the end of week

Now are there recomendations as to what BIOS to run? I am going to try to exceed 300FSB. Any pointers, volt mods, lapping mods, additional heatsink mods that you guys have tried or for that matter recomend? Maybe even links where they mod. This was a spuratic purchase therefore I really wasn't prepared to do this. I have a LAN party to attend in less than a week so I have to first get the components in, then mod the case, and then bench it. So any tips to make things smoother will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EC!

Well the GAT settings are a start ;), disable the last two huh. It also looks like getting over 300 isn't going to be easy with the AGP/PCI issue, I'm using a 9700 Pro which isn't going to handle that. Any isight on this?

Last edited:
Sounds like it'll be an impressive system. Good luck. Here is a link to the sticky post with a bunch of IC7 references (see below). I normally tell people they need to add better northbridge cooling, but I see you'll have that covered quite nicely.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=231990

Only slightly off-topic... where did you find the MO stepping? I'd love to have a 2.4C that would do 300 FSB. EDIT: Nevermind, I saw where you got it during my last peek in the classified ads.

Last edited:
batboy said:
Sounds like it'll be an impressive system. Good luck. Here is a link to the sticky post with a bunch of IC7 references (see below). I normally tell people they need to add better northbridge cooling, but I see you'll have that covered quite nicely.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=231990

Only slightly off-topic... where did you find the MO stepping? I'd love to have a 2.4C that would do 300 FSB. EDIT: Nevermind, I saw where you got it during my last peek in the classified ads.

Yeah thats where I grabbed it ;) BatBoy I was going to PM you, but didn't want to bother ya......you were very helpful back when I was playing with the TH7IIs, still on the Intel wagon I see :) Those links you posted are awesome. Are there any links for lapping the northbridge or for that matter do you guys do this? I haven't fiund anything on this yet. Well I hope this machine runs as expected cause I had to get a new H2O block and everything, I will post the results as soon as I get em. Thanks!

BTW I did check those links before I posted and didn't see anything with regaurds to modding.

Last edited:
Back