• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.4 losing usb mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

war_child

Registered
just got my 1.4 booted up not at 1.4 but 1610
never saw 1.4 but now I have no usb mouse
you think it's power it blinks off and on
that's all that seems not to work
300wat PSU amd approved
and what is the default voltage for the chip
and FSB and clock for the chip

Chances are, your FSB is too high. Once, I set my FSB at 133/44 instead of 133/33 by accident, and couldn't figure out why I was losing sound and mouse.

Your multiplier is set wrong...should be 10.5 by 133 FSB. Might wanna check that. Also, have you tried installing the mouse drivers? =P.

Unless you didnt have to reformat...is this not a new mobo?

no matter what I do I no longer have USB can anyone help me with this
I disconected everthing leaving me with cpu power and HD power
and ofcourse pci cards.10.5X133
reformated and everything fresh install
got it to work and 1522 default voltage 300watt PSU but the mouse only works on PS2 port could it be the mouse (MS explorer in USb mode ??)
just at any clock or FSB i have no USB mouse ???

udated the bios to 1005a
it's up and running now at 1522.20
but with the mouse in the PS2 port no usb
weird
and i have one thing to say about this chip 1.4
HOT HOT HOT
my temps are at 49c chip idle
was with the 1ghz 44 45 idle is this normal

War Child, it's the USB problem with VIA motherboards, it has nothing to do with your FSB speed or overclock speed.

There are two fixes you need to download. One is for Win98 and you get it from Microsoft (assuming you have Win98 ), the other is from VIA itself.

I'll try to post the links later if I can find them.

Now that you mention that it is an Explorer mouse, know what it is. The mouse cable where it enters the mouse internally frays, and you lose signal. The mouse has a lifetime warranty, call Microsoft and they will send you a replacement for free. Symptoms of the bad mouse are flickering and not working mouse, random cursor freezing, and locking of the keyboard after mouse freezes.

filter didn't work thanks
what happens is the red light goes out on the mouse (optical)
no power to it ??
starts to blink then just goes out like it's losing power
98 doesn't even detect it as being there
i'm at 1554 with idle temp as i write this 49 cpu ouch now 48
will go to frys in the am and get some more fans ouch HOT chip i say
is that to hot ????
have 120mm on the side blowing in fan below power supply blowing out and small one in front radio shack gamma blower blowing up
and a cak38 with artic silver II
and suggestion with the USB or the heat are more than welcome
if you can fix it i'll send you my 1ghz ya right hahahhaha
thansk in advance

supraway,
hey thanks wish i meet you long time ago i went thru 3 of them prior to learning how to tape it up so that doesn't happen the mouse is working now I'm on that box now moving at 1554 148X10.5
don't want to take it high due to my temps are high
but it still only works on the PS2 port weird stuff any other suggestions

supraway (Jun 29, 2001 11:00 p.m.):
Now that you mention that it is an Explorer mouse, know what it is. The mouse cable where it enters the mouse internally frays, and you lose signal. The mouse has a lifetime warranty, call Microsoft and they will send you a replacement for free. Symptoms of the bad mouse are flickering and not working mouse, random cursor freezing, and locking of the keyboard after mouse freezes.

Damn, I wish I hadn't thrown my previous explorer mouse in the trash :-/

Back