• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark Testing Lag Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay8oP

for some reason it seems to lag while its testing, every 2 seconds it stops for half a second and continues then it lags again this constantly happens. this problem affects both 3dmark benchies. the weird thing is i still get a decent score.

System Specs:

Windows XP
P4 1.6A @ 2.3GHz
Epox 4BDA2+
1024MB PC2700 Crucial
Connect3d 9500 398/310
4x120GB WD 7200RPM JB

i think i might have chipped the NB when i changed the fan on it could that have fubared my system?

Are you running any monitoring utilities while benchmarking? I would get those hiccups every few seconds when running motherboard monitor, but it didn't really seem to affect my score either.

i usually close everything while benchmarking and the same thing still happens. i might just switch back to my 4sda since i have chipped anything on that board. but i am still looking for some answers though. the only way i can really describe the way its acting is if its like watching a low fps video where it seems to like stutter.

nope didnt swap cpu's i swapped boards and the same problem happened on the 4sda i guess 1.65 volts is a bit overkill for my 1.6a

its odd though that a cpu would give that type of problem. I would think its more related to drivers or a windows problem. Have you dnloaded anything recently or changed your drivers?

snvpa: when i switch boards i installed winxp on a fresh drive and it still gave me the same problem.

Have you tried running the CPU at stock and running it, or did you re-overclock it as soon as you switched?

i had this 2 days ago. MAN I WAS WORRIED. both cs (yep cs) would lag every 4 5 seconds for a short burst and ut2k3 as well. was really weird. i went into windoes and switched off my rage3d utility in the desktop and ati control panel and restarted. i dont know if it was the restart of the tray apps which cause this but its gone now.
i would also say its something related to software not hardware.
try switching off all your background apps using startup control panel. (DOWNLOAD IT AT www.download.com) its the best free utility i have. i disabled 15 things (disable not delet from starting up) after a fresh winxp install and all programs drivers etc. you dont need anything starting up in the background as long as you know you dont need it

Evnas: ive tried putting it back to stock speeds and voltages and it still does the same thing.

germanjulian: ive used the services tweak where i turn off everything thats not needed and the problem still arises.

guess ill just have to upgrade, ive been looking forward to getting a 2.4c anyway.

thanks everyone!

I'm still thinking this is a software problem. cpu's doent get sick they just die. Have you updated to the latest drivers for your video card. If you upgrade you still might have the same problem. What video card do you have. they get sick before they die.

I had the same problem with the jumping and stuttering, thought it was AGP fast write, then i reallised i recently did a clean install of windows and was running the 3.2 drivers, updating them coupled with running the 330 patch with 3dmark03 solved the prblem, then i tried AGP fast write and it worked ok this time. You will find probably turning AGP fast write off will stop it but it's not the prob, i think you'll need the drivers and the patch for 3dmark03 updating. Please try this and let me know if it works for you and let me know

Back