• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan RPM monitor wire and signal...how can I fake it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omaticrail

Basically I want to construct a liquid flow monitoring device, and feed the output to a fan RPM monitor. I can't find one, so I thought I'd build one, but I don't know what the fan monitor signal looks like (no osciloscope).

Sonny, cool site and thanks for the link. However, I never found the information. :( Can ya link me a wee bit closer?

BLADERUNNER PAGE #5

Removing the fans created another problem as the above app would keep popping up to inform me the fan was dead, and there was no way to disable the fan monitoring. With the help of the members on Hardware Central Forums I made a small simple circuit for less than £2 that mimics the fans pulses. I named this the pulse gen and its build is fully explained HERE.

Bad news is that his link is not working properly, you will have to search the "other" board to find it. Bladerunner is also a member here so you may be able to send him a PM.

Back