• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WB Channel Wall Material?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

If I had a normal pin-fin waterblock, would I be able to make the channel walls by simply pouring quick set 3000 psi epoxy in between certain pins? I mean it's just going to be water and antifreeze hitting it... Should be ok correct?

I don't see why not to do it...just let it set well so that it's fully cured before adding water.
Some epoxies soften back up after water exposure, full curing gives it all the chance it needs. I've never used the one you're talking about, and better safe than sorry.

If you view then edit your second thread, there should be an option to delete it, so a Mod doesn't have to. ;)

I would use jbweld if anything I think, maybe use masking tape, tape walls using the pins as guides for them, and poor it inbetween the tape and pins, let it harden and remove tape. Let it dry for I would say 3 days to make sure it gets really hard.

Jon

I'll try both on some items that I find around the house, let them cure and let them soak in water for a while. Then hook them up to a hose or something. Thankx.

Also, I viewed and re-viewed my dup post. I click edit and then try and delete it, but I don't have permission to. I already PMed EOBARD and apologized and told him about it to lighten his work load. First time that's ever happened to me but the forums started lagging a bit...

Back