• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsinks on 9800 with Infineon.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CamH

Alright, I'm about to order some copper ramsinks for my 9800NP with Infineon, but how much will it help? Would I possibly be better off saving my money and putting a 1u heatsink on the core instead?

I found that to get any real bump from the ramsinks (tweakmonsters), I needed whopping (130CFM) airflow over them. That helped on Samsung memory (10mhz bump), but on infineon only about 5 mhz. If you are at 320 on the memory or better, odds seem like the cooling won't help the Infineon memory. You'll get more out of extra cooling on the core.

Haven't tried putting ramsinks on my samsung 2.8 memory yet, but I have done the 1u copper cooler on the core. I only saw about 10MHz extra from that.

BTW, if you are getting the "copper" tweakmonster ramsinks, don't be fooled. They are not really copper. It's actually a copper alloy which looks more like brass to me. I bought a set and lapped the bottom, and they look nothing like copper.

I was thinking of: http://svc.com/oczbgarachhe.html for the ramsinks.

What would be the best cooling to get me a higher OC as far as a heatsink for the core goes if a 1u only does like 10MHz more? Is there something bigger I could use?

Thanks for the link. They look like pretty good ramsinks. You could try one of the heatpipes. If I remember right I think the Giant II gave me 15 more on a 9600pro. It might be hard to fit those ramsinks under the back side panel. I cut up some thermaltake ramsinks and used those but had to bend the ones on the back side.

Back