• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 800@1100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supraway

Yay. I did it. Did the voltage mod on my Abit KT7-E and put 'er up to 2.01vcore. Riased my IO voltage to 3.6v and booted it up at 8x138=1104. Suprised it even booted, I went directly to Prime95 and ran a Torture test. It passed the first one, then gave me a hardware error on the second after temperatures exceeded 55C. Whee!

Congratulations well done,
It seems the only way the 800 Duron will do over 1066 mhz is to increase the voltage :(
I personally am a little concerned about the voltage increase myself though, as the jump from the standard 1.06v to 2.01v is a large one. Having said that I may try it before I get my Tbird and try to get my Duron over 1064 ( run it at 1050 though )

What did your Duron run at without the voltage increase ?

UnseenMenace (Jul 02, 2001 02:44 a.m.):
Congratulations well done,
It seems the only way the 800 Duron will do over 1066 mhz is to increase the voltage :(
I personally am a little concerned about the voltage increase myself though, as the jump from the standard 1.06v to 2.01v is a large one. Having said that I may try it before I get my Tbird and try to get my Duron over 1064 ( run it at 1050 though )

What did your Duron run at without the voltage increase ?

I believe the standard voltage of a Duron is 1.60V not 1.06V? I assume this was a typo. I took my Duron 650 up to 1022 (7x146) by doing the voltage mod and getting 2.05V. As long as temps are good, then no worries.

The only way I could get my Duron 650 up to 1100 was via the voltage mod and water-cooling. I'm trying to get by tbird 1.2 up to 1.5 but even with watercooling the temp is hitting 50oC under full load.

Yeah, that was a typo. I backed off my processor a little so I could pass Prime95 Torture with no problems. Right now, 143x7.5. I think when I get watercooling, I can bring it up to 1104 again, but until then, 1073 is a-ok!

Back