• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Liquid Cooled Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diabolicmachine

Registered
Ok, I'm gonna rave about the Koolance Liquid Cooled case here.
I recently purchased the Koolance PC2-601BLW.
I got in my Accord and drove to the nearest CompUSA, the place where I had been eyeing it for about a half a year.
I overclocked my XP Barton 2500 from 1830 Mhz to 2040 Mhz and was running temps of around 46C on average with the factory heatsink and as many fans as I could cram into my midtower.
I decided to get serious and went for the Koolance. Now, I run the same o/c'd processor at 26C. I notice that my reservoir is not completly full, so I'll have to fill up some more but here's my question:

Is this a good temp for a somewhat overclocked chip with liquid cooling?

If so, thanx for your input, if not, what do I need to do?

I think your reading the temps off the koolance display, if so that is not your cpu temp, or anywhere near accurate, thats actually the temp from the waterblock, that is, if your using a CPU200G and set it up like normal..

Koolance Liquid Cool

Yeah, I think you're right about the waterblock thing. I have an older version of the cooler I think. The new one is in the zig zag formation, while the one I have is sort of in and out. The waterblock has a little slot with some copper sheet over it, I didn't know what that was until later, then i put the sensor in.
Some people at Eagle Micro told me to weave the sensor in between the pins. I tried that, but it wouldn't start because not all contacts were made. Then i put it sort of next to the cpu because i didn't want to deal with it, and the reading was about two degrees lower than my reading from the Asus PC Probe.

If someone could tell me how to upload images into this(seeing as I'm a newbie to this forum) I would greatly appreciate it and I will upload some screenies of PC Probe readings.

Another thing. The case has 3 modes.

Mode 1 operates your system at 45% power until the temperature reaches 45ºC
(113ºF), then increases to 100% power.

Mode 2 operates your system at 45% power until the temperature reaches 35ºC
(95ºF), then increases gradually to 100% at 40ºC (104ºF).

Mode 3 runs the cooling system at 100% power. While this will provide the best
temperature range, it is not the most silent, and largely unnecessary in operating
your Koolance system.

I pasted that out of the manual.
Mode three sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
Right now, I have it on mode 2, and it is reading 30C which is at idle temp.

Re: Koolance Liquid Cool

Giblet Plus! said:
Do you know how to check temperatures in windows using a program like motherboard monitor? While still inaccurate, those temps will be much more realistic than the ones given by your Koolance system.

Diabolicmachine said:
the reading was about two degrees lower than my reading from the Asus PC Probe.

:rolleyes:

Re: Koolance Liquid Cool

Diabolicmachine said:
..... Then i put it sort of next to the cpu because i didn't want to deal with it, and the reading was about two degrees lower than my reading from the Asus PC Probe.

ASUS PC Probe reports the socket temp, which could be 3-10C lower than the more realistic temp read from the diode sensor inside the CPU. Get MBM5 from here. MBM5 can read the CPU diode temp. NOTE: You should not run ASUS PC Probe with MBM5 as it will corrupt MBM5 readings.

ConquereR said:
MBM5 and Asus PC Probe read the same temps when i had them for my A7N8X deluxe

same here, asus p4p800

D

Hate to burst your bubble but i got a Koolance case to and the temp displayed on the little red screen is at least 10 degrees celsius below the actual, i thought i had 36C heavy load temps and its really up at 47C (thats with the 3 80mm fans and heatercore that come with it mind you).

Diabolicmachine:

To post an image on these forums you have to get someone to host your image if you do not have your own webspace. If you don't know anyone then go to www.theforumisdown.com and upload your picture there - you must make the image smaller than 50kb. The page will give you an address for your image after you upload it. Then use these VB tags to post the image in this thread:

[ img]address[ /img]

(do no use spaces though)

While I've got your attention, you'll want to remove the link in your sig. Click on my sig if you want to know why.

Koolance is about as good as a high-end heatsink with a somewhat high-speed fan.

Be prepared, significantly better temperatures await you when you part from your koolance and journey into the construction of a custom setup.

red screen

Bout that red screen, yes, the temps are about ten degrees less becuase that sensor is for the waterblock. My motherboard monitor usually reads in the upper thirties.

So could I improve the performance of the koolance system by maybe getting(or making) a new waterblock or making a new reservoir? I dont really want to replace the radiator, but I do agree that my temps are a little higher than expected.
Is say 36C a good temp for my CPU overclocked to where it is?

What is your Vcore setting?

If you want to change something, a new waterblock may make a performance difference. A new pump or radiator might also, but the resevoir will make no difference.

A7V333 here - 2 sensors (sensor 2 and sensor 4).
PC Probe gives readouts from 4 which are lower.

Maybe it's similiar with your mobo?

Back