• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PayPal SCAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baltoos

This has probably been posted before in other threads, but I think it's probably time to put it up again so nobody gets burned.

I just received an Email supposedly from PayPal saying my account is restricted until I verify my account information. The senders addres appears as:
PayPal <[email protected]>
The Reply to address is:
PayPal <[email protected]>
There is an attachment (pic.gif):
PayPal Scam.GIF

in the message that appears as the text of the message & is a link to to an official looking page that asks you to fill out ALL of your bank account information: Acct.nos. credit card nos. Routing Nos. PIN nos. Etc. - EVERYTHING
If you left click & drag your mouse around below the text, you will highlight the following message:

When you in 1818 wLj How are you? you mustn't city name Or pretty much. pDmvnLO rXCdBpZdKip qz

in 1852 in 1826 Which one? 675 in 1853 0 in 1965 473 I trust you To my knoweledge.

Not bad. what do you do? children are What's wwrong? VIEW RESULTS in 1889 vhn in 1883 in 2004 Brittany Murphy: Thanks for visit Thanks for visit I can't get through

THIS IS A SCAM! DO NOT REPLY OR SEND THEM ANY INFO!
Be Careful! -Dave

Last edited:
Of course, I notified PayPal about this, & they confirmed that this is DEFINITELY NOT linked to PayPal in any way. PayPal says that they are investigating this & cautioned me NOT to enter ANY personal or financial info on this site. Be Careful!

-Dave

If they'd put their technical knowledge to ethical use, we probably would have a way of average users figuring this out.

Back