• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aero7 HS and fan.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huneycutt

http://www.nexfan.com/evcucoacofrs1.html

I currently use the EverCool HS with ArcticSilver and Aero7 fan and I like it because compared to the EverCool fan it runs very quiet.

I've been looking at it here http://www.nexfan.com/ae7cpucobyco.html
and for $33.00 total it sounds like a good deal IF it does the job. I don't remember the particulars but awhile back I saw a thread here where they said they went to the Aero7 rig and were very pleased.

Fact is, for my thirty-three bucks the only thing I would be gaining is the Aero7 HS and since the EverCool HS is all one-piece copper and got an excellent review I wonder if the Aero7 HS would cool the CPU down THAT much more? Running a 2500 Barton OC'd 2.0GHz 40C idle so don't have a heat problem but if the Aero7 would cool it down five degrees then it would be worth it.

Throwing this on the table for discussion and all input & thoughts greatly appreciated because I don't want to throw down thirty-three bucks and be dissapointed. OldBird

i heard that the Aero 7 was not a very good heatsink. if you want to spend around 33 i would wait for the SLK to go on sale at svc and then get that.

PLZ get the slk-900a it totally owns the aero-7 hands DOWN its at svc for only 19.99 bucks until the 27th, hope u get this in time the coupon code for it is vf900a put this with a tornado (if u can accept the vaccuum cleaner sound) the place to put the coupon code is at the end of the ordering process otherwise, u can get a lower blowing fan, but not that good cooling, but definitely do NOT get the aer0-7 its not that great, u can find a mid-range blowing fan, about 40-50 cfm and it should be fine for cooling the slk-900a
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited:
"the place to put the coupon code is at the end of the ordering process" Thanks a bunch. I found it at svc and looked high and low on the site for a coupon code but couldn't find it. I'll order one but would like to get the ten bucks off using the coupon. RSVP ASAP and thanx again.

Edited 1-0-26 9:43 AM: I got the code YHPM from Cutter and thanks a bunch.

OOPS! The code didn't work in upper or lower case. Anyone with a code please RSVP.

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't see it the first time but after a lot of hassel went back & re-read it and there it was. Got it ordered and thanks.

I have a bunch of spare case fans and figure I'll get in my fan goodie box and come up with one that will work OK. I think a 32CFM 80MM 25dBa will do the job in quite fashion.

Back