• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoninCS

Registered
I've looked through and haven't really found a good, straight answer to this question, so I'm gonna shoot it off :)

I have 6 case fans. I have 2 in the rear of the case, one on the side of the case (plexiglass side), one on top of the case, and two in front of the case. Based on the locations, which fans should blow which way in order to maximize air flow and cooling?

if the two in the front of the case aren't restricted TOO much, have those 'intake'. The two rear be 'exhaust'. the side, 'intake'. the top 'exhaust'. Generally, that is the most accepted method for airflow.

If there is ALOT of restriction at the front fans (HD bays filled with disks) you may want to consider turning your rear to intake and front to exhuast.

You'll have to test your temps to see which is better.

LxOxSxI

edit:

to lazy to see what your case looks like ;)

i agree with what LxOxSxI said, but can you post a link to what case you have?

that front is really restrictive. You might want to consider having the two back as exhaust, and all the rest as intake.

Back