• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 recommended setting for max torture test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trox

Registered
Hi,

what is the recommended settiing for prime95 if I really want to stress my cpu/mem? I'll use it to stress my p3s-1.266 ghz oc to 1.52 ghz.

Thanks

If you're using Prime v23.6 or higher and you want to stress both CPU and memory, select the Blend test. If you just want to test the CPU, use the small FFT test (though Blend includes the small FFT tests so it's still usually a better choice).

Hi nookien:

How about the custom setting? can I put in min and max in the field? can i put in above 4098k?

thanks

No, you can't use FFTs smaller than 8k or larger then 4096k (though you can choose any values in between). You can tell Prime to use as much of your system memory as you want. But don't give it the full amount of physical memory. If you have 512M use ~430-450M, if you have 1024M, use ~900M, etc.

Back