• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Motherboard to get ? and suggestions please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goden99

My brother got the ASUS P4P800 Deleux but I realized he can't install the Intel Application Accelerator which gives quite a big boost.

What about the Abit IS7 boards ?

Which board is the best ?

I am going to get the following please tell me if i should change something. and comment on parts

P4 2.4Ghz 800fsb or P4 2.6Ghz 800fsb (see price cut tommorrow)
ASUS V9520/TD (Geforce FX 5200)
120G Seagate Sata 8meg cache
2 X 256 Megs Hynix (hy5du56822bt-d43)
LG 52/24/52 + 16X DVD
Sound Blaster Audigy
Floppy

I have been told its very very overclockable memory and it's at a very good price.

I'd do some more research on harddrives. I think the Maxtor Diamondmax series of SATA drives are way better than Seagate. You can probably find better RAM too. It's a toss up between the Asus and Abit mobos, each has pros and cons. Personally, I like the IS7 better. They seem to have a better BIOS and BIOS support/upgrades.

My brother has the Asus P4P800 Deleux and he can't install the Intel Application accelerator and there are lots of threads about it.

But I have done some research on the harddrives and the difference between the seagate and the maxtor is maxtor is around 5% higher in some cases but Noise and Temperature the seagate is a lot better, so I decided to go with seagate.

But i heard the memory chips i am getting are the same ones that corsair are now using for their pc4000 :) my friend told me he pumps his to 2.75V and they hit 255mhz at 3-3-3-8 timming :) which would be amazing set my fsb to 250 1:1 with my cpu.

Price cuts were today but prices didn't change !!

most ppl now are looking towards the ic7-g max 3 or even the ic7-g both are still great boards

you could get the P4C800 asus board

i have ur bros board and i havent found naything wrong with it...but i havent installed the Intel Application accelerator

Sure you want to go with the Geforce FX 5200? The ATI Radeons seam like they will do better on the newer games due out soon like Half Life Two.

Mr.DLucey said:
Sure you want to go with the Geforce FX 5200? The ATI Radeons seam like they will do better on the newer games due out soon like Half Life Two.

hit up a 9600 or even a 9700...the FX are still pretty bad and doubt Nvidia could bounce back up...hell find an old 9500 and flash it to a 9700 to a 9800

and a 2.6 would OC better

ATI sells their stuff more expensive here in canada than in the states although there a canadian company...

The 5200FX is 120$CND
Radeon 9500 And above are MIN of 225$CND

And really I don't need the preformance.

I had an old Geforce 2 GTS 32 Megs that is benchmarked to be as slow as geforce 4 mx and i have never seen a game lag. all I have to do is disable antilancing.

I can't belive the price cuts are taking so long to take affect in canada in the states already they have.
http://www.intel.com/intel/finance/pricelist/
According to this the 2.6 is suppose to be cheaper than the 2.4...lol

I'd rather stick with 865P chipset because I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on an 875 chipset

The pc is already consting me an arm and a leg (1200$CND tax in) Not including monitor. The rest of the money is going to get my self a nice kick *** 17'' LCD (looking at samsungs) the ones in canada are 700:1 contrast ratio not like the ones in the states 400:1 :)

Sounds like you've done your homework. I'll be interested in hearing how that RAM works out for you. It probably does use the same chips that Corasair uses in their PC4000. My Corsair PC4000 Pro hits 255mhz using the 1:1 ratio with 2.5,4,3,6 timings @ 2.7v.

Check this out :)

http://pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1143&page=6
Buffalo uses Hynix HY5DU56822BT-D43 DRAM on their PC4200 memory modules and they performed very well inspite of only officially being rated for 200 MHz.

Anouther people but these are the generic ones
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread/t-55392.html

Corsair using Hynix
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1442&page=4

EEEKKK these people are hitting 275mhz on these chips
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread/t-53079.html

DAMN CPU and Antec powersupply delayed again.

Getting the 2.4Ghz or 2.6Ghz depending which comes in stock first and getting the Antec True power 380/420 depending on which comes in first.

Can't go to anouther store i put 30% deposite because i ordered my entire system from them (distributor)
the reason I love getting stuff from there isn't the price is that they are FRESH from the manufacturer under a month old most the time :) meaning latest revisions in everything :)

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

FRIKEN BULLSH#$

The videocard was fuxked and the board was fuxed. I think the board was and it killed the videocard and maybe even ram so i returned it and they won't have replacement till tuesday.

But i was able to boot at 280fsb any higher and it won't boot. not sure why every person who i know who has a P4P800 or P4C800 can't go over 280. Maybe the northbridge needs more juice.

anyhow I was only able to get the ram to 240 at 3-4-4-8 at 2.75V with zero errors in memory test but i didn't really try because the pc was flaky it ****ed me off.

Anyhow will give update on the pcs.

here's what I got

P4
Here's the product code and batch all if you guyz could tell me if it's a good chip.
Pack Date: 06/18/03
Product Code: BX80532PG2400DSL6WF
MM#: 852314
FPO/Batch #: L321A695

The two sticks of 256megs Hynix DDR400 Memory (hy5du56822bt-d43)
ASUS P4P800 Deleux
ASUS V9520/TD (Geforce FX 5200)
120G Seagate Sata 8meg cache
LG 52/24/52 + 16X DVD
Floppy
ANTEC 420 WATT TRUE POWER BABY :) Didn't install it yet. I am going too when i get the parts hopefully it will help me in my overclocking quest :)

man this powersupply is a peice of art waaaaaaaa sure was worth the money. "You get what you pay for" rings a bell.

I got the Stuff and I put it together
They didn't give me the Hynix memory back :( but i got some decent infions.

Please tell me if you see anything wrong.
I didn't want to push the chip too farbecause i am using the intel heatsink and fan :) hehe with some ACIII baby.

Oh man these numbers are so impressive
fu#k the PC IS SO FAST.
click like 50 internet explorer windows to open as fast as my figure can click and the pc beats me to it.

Check all the benchmarks and such at my website
please tell me if anything is lower than it should be.

http://home.golden.net/~charleyso/PC/

The benchmarks look pretty good for 3.2 gig and it's nice you were able to use default vcore.

When you start trying to run FSB above 275, you generally need better northbridge chip cooling.

These infinion memory sticks are amazing.

at Cas 2.5 -3-3-8 I can do 240Mhz at 2.50V !!!
anything higher and x86-memtester gets errors.
Even at 2.75V i can't go higher than 245Mhz :(

I haven't tried CAS3 - 3 - 3 - 8 yet.

By the way This doesn't make sense maybe you guyz know

I put my FSB down to 240 but my ram to 1:1 Ratio and put preformance more to TURBO in bios.
but now my memory went DOWN to 4950mb/sec while at 266mhz cpu and ram at 211 I was getting 5250mb/sec

Anyone ?

http://home.golden.net/~charleyso/PC/
I posted everything
THIS IS INSANE !!
3.6GHZ !!!!
300FSB
CPU SUPER FRIKEN STABLE !!!
ITS NOT TRYING.
oh man
northbridge not even warm yet !!!

WHAT WHAT WHAT :)

I can't keep memory ration at 5:4 anymore because memory starts to get errors after 240mhz.
so i am going to lower it one nodge.
OH MY GOD !!
This cpu is amazing !!

What is the highest this thing has gone with normal cooling :)
hehe

i might be able to beet vapochill.

The thing starts giving me errors after 305fsb.

Maybe the northbridge needs more power.
Dont know how to do vdd mod for it.

Other than that only thing thats limiting the thing is the memory.

The onboard sound i think doesn't like high fsb either going to try it out soon.

I lowered everything lower for more stablity and the speed is just to fast i am worried the thing would just die like the northwoods do. So i am putting it down.

Back