• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any bored photoshoppers out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick G

I'm not getting the results I want, so I'd like to see what you can do. I need a new bright blue sky w/some clouds, and any sharpening/color/contrast correction magic you can do. Also, list what changes you made if you're kind enough to give it a go. Thanks.

firepic.jpg

First, find a picture of the type of sky you want. Scan it into photoshop and set it as the background layer. Add your photo as the front layer. Next use the magic wand tool to select the white sky and delete it. You may have to make additional selections with the magic wand for the white areas around the tree on the horizon. Once you have the picture the way you want it, compress the layers into one layer. The color looks good as the white is a true white. If you fell you need to sharpen the photo, you can use one of the sharpening filters.

Well, I gave it a go, no real photoshop talent - but hey I was bored ...
magic wand for existing sky -> delete, gradient tool for the new sky, air brush for the clouds, an axe for the trees, and a whole lot of jpeg compression to disguise my shoddy work...

fireengine.jpg

wow Lazlo Panaflex you have some good photoshopping talent... i really need to learn how to use it.

Back